Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello! Who are you?

Hello Readers! Let me introduce myself.



My name is Jenielle. I am a Speech Language Pathology Assistant student/preschool teacher by day and doggy fashion designer by night--although I have recently taken a foray into designing human clothes! I LOVE modern prints, bright colors, and fabrics you don't have to turn under (read fleece and jersey). I started making dog clothes because my baby dachshund was always too long or anything in the store, and I was sick of seeing her in pink paw prints (seriously, mainstream stores, can we BE anymore generic?).



Enter Parsnip. Parsnip is a 2 year old red short hair tweenie dachshund. Since Parsnip is half Asian, her middle name is "Lop Cheurng" which is Chinese for "red sausage". Despite what everyone believes, Parsnip LOVES to wear clothes and really doesn't mind the hats and headbands. She started wearing clothes when she was a baby. When she was spayed, she was too long for the cone that the vet gave her and was still able to reach around and lick her...wounds.



Poor puppy! The next size up was so big that whenever she would sniff the ground, she would shovel dirt into her face--so pathetic, yet SO funny. To remedy this, I refashioned a baby onesie for her that allowed her to heal in peace and use the facilities without any problems.



And yes, it does say "Future Model" on her back. If she only knew!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Here you'll find sneak peeks to what goes on behind the scenes to YoungUrbanPuppy. Oh! And just for a shameless plug, you can see the fruits of our labor at www.youngurbanpuppy.etsy.com. We'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great pair! Can't wait to read on more of your adventures here!
    =]

    ReplyDelete