Sunday, June 13, 2010

Strawberry Picking and the Weekend Wrapup



Three Mario outfits, 2 Luigi outfits, 1 Princess Peach Outfit, and 3 crowns later, I'm done! But I couldn't have done it by myself:



Meet the Hubs. The ever supporting super encouraging Hubs. He is also my resident circle-cutter. He cuts the best circles (and also makes the best mac n cheese). And yes, he is pouting in the picture and yes, that is his favorite videogame in the background that he was ignoring so he could help me all in the name of love. He had to love me extra because our house looked like this for most of the weekend:



And that is the tame picture. As the weekend progressed, little pieces of felt starting flying as I made these beauties for a handful of lucky little birthday pups:



The neat thing about this version of the Birthday crown is that I discovered that I can make the completely reversible. The crown in the middle will be worn by 3 pups due to its versatile velcro number and double-sided colors.

To celebrate the end of a long fabric-filled crafting weekend, we visited the only farm in Orange County, Tanaka Farms. We first found out about Tanaka Farms during pumpkin season. June at Tanaka Farms means strawberries!



For $13/person, we got a tractor tour of the entire farm and got to sample all of the crops. We even got to eat brocolini FLOWERS!



At the end of the tour, they let us off the tractor in front of their strawberry fields and pretty much said, "Go to town!" When our tour guide said that we were free to gorge ourselves on as many strawberries as we liked, my eyes almost fell out of their sockets. I was shoving as many strawberries in my mouth as fast as I could that I didn't get any pictures of us actually picking the strawberries. Let's just say I ate about a pound of strawberries in the 15 minutes we had and almost forgot to put some in my basket.


The Hubs likes to take pictures of his fruit, too.


I wore my best strawberry picking dress for the occasion. This is one of my favorite dresses I've ever made because it reminds me of Slimey, Oscar's wormy friend.



I loved Tanaka Farms! Take a strawberry tour before they end on June 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment