Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Parting (with fabric) is Such Sweet Sorrow



I think this is a common feeling among crafters. You go to the fabric store, find the fabric, and then it sits in your fabric box just waiting for the right occasion. I get this feeling big time. On top of that, whenever I have to use the fabric to fulfill an order, a little piece inside of me balls up as I package it in brown paper and send it to its new owner. And its not like I don't have enough fabric (believe me, I do). But I searched for this fabric, and fell in love with this fabric, and brought it home with me to make it into something someone would love.

This was my first fabric haul right after I discovered M&L Fabricsin Anaheim. I went every weekend for an entire month after that.

This was my second haul when I discovered the Goldenwest Swap Meet, another place that has become so familiar that the sellers are beginning to expect us every weekend. My sister and I love this place so much that this ends up happening:
We leave with BAGFULS of material and the Hubs has to help us lug it to the car.

As I started to get more comfortable buying fabric in bulk, my hauls started to get larger:
It gets to the point where I start flinging fabric every left and right saying, "I'll take this one! And this one! AND THIS ONE!" But the question is, when does it get out of hand?

This was my fabric haul of last weekend. But even with buying up to 5 yards of fabric in each color, I still find myself wishing I bought more.

I think I'm going to have to make my minimum 7 yards per design.

...the Hubs is going to be maaaaad...

No comments:

Post a Comment